Here are just a few of Bashas' major community commitments:
Community Support Card
Bashas' Community Support Card is a great way to generate funds for your organization.
Here's how it works:
- Your organization purchases the Community Support Card and receives a 6% discount.
The Community Support Card offers your supporters a choice where to shop, as it
is accepted at all Bashas', Food City and AJ's stores.
- Your organization then sells the Community Support Card to supporters at face value
and receives a 6% profit.
- Your supporters can reload their Community Support Card at Bashas', Food City and
AJ's Fine Foods stores and your organization will earn 6% of the reload amount.
- Earnings from reloaded Community Support Cards will be distributed once a month.
- To get your organization enrolled, simply submit a letter with your organization's
name and address stating your interest in participating with our program, plus a
copy of the notice from the IRS stating that you are registered as a charitable
organization under IRS code section 501(c)3 to:
email@example.com or call 1-866-292-6407.
For Frequently Asked Questions, click here
Annual Food Drives
Bashas' holds two major food drives – a Peanut Butter & Jelly Drive in the summer
and a Turkey Tuesday Drive during the holiday season. With help from our customers,
we've contributed more than a half a million pounds of food, providing meals for
those in need. Both drives are a major boon for St. Vincent de Paul and local food
Charity of the Month
Customers have an opportunity to give back to a local non-profit just about every
month in a Bashas' store – whether it be donating food or making a donation
at the register. This kind of fundraising has garnered more than $500,000 for local
children’s hospitals and local chapters of the Boys & Girls Clubs, Juvenile
Diabetes Research Foundation and American Heart Association. For more information,
, click here.
Request to Solicit on Bashas' Property
We grant requests for permission to solicit on Bashas’ property, with some limitations,
to non-profit/charitable organizations only.
- All non-profit organizations must submit their request 30 days in advance.
- All non-profit organizations must have a 501(c)(3) status.
- Requests to solicit during the fourth quarter will not be granted.
- All organizations will receive a reply to their inquiry within 10 business days.
Non-profit organizations requesting permission to solicit must submit their request
via e-mail to: SolicitationRequest@bashas.com
In the e-mail request, the non-profit organization should include:
- Point Person’s Name and Title
- Bashas’ Thank You Card Number
- Organization’s Name, Address, Phone Number
- Organization’s Proof of 501(c)(3) Status
- Purpose of the Requested Visit
- Store Location Desired (one location only)
- Solicit Date(s) and Hours (16 hours maximum)
Since 1932, our Bashas' members and retirees, along with their families and friends,
have volunteered countless hours to community-based projects. Our volunteers have
helped children learn to read, assembled back-to-school tool kits for United Way,
sorted toys for Salvation Army, served meals to the hungry, and more. If your non-profit
organization could use some volunteer help, click
Helping the Environment
Bashas' has many initiatives in place to reduce our impact on the environment. In
fact, we were recycling in Arizona in the 1970s – before it was the "in vogue" thing
to do. For more information about our sustainability efforts, click here (PDF).